Skilled Savannah Motorcycle Crash Lawyers Protecting the Rights of the Injured
Caring counsel when motorcycle accidents cause catastrophic injuries or take a life
According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, about 145 people die in a motorcycle accident in Georgia each year. Most people killed are between the ages of 20 and 60. Those who survive a motorcycle crash often strike the ground immediately after the motorcycle falls, causing traumatic brain injuries, broken bones, spinal cord damage including paralysis, internal bleeding, and other serious long-term injuries.
At Harris Lowry Manton LLP, we understand how devastating motorcycle collisions and crashes can be for the injured victims and the families of riders who die as a result. For decades, our Savannah motorcycle injury attorneys have been recognized by other lawyers and by the Georgia public as top-tier lawyers in the state. We have obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for many clients. We achieve significantly high monetary results through our attention to every little detail, our work with reconstruction experts, our understanding of the medical problems associated with falls, and our ability to persuasively argue a client’s case.
Why motorcycle crashes are so dangerous
Motorcycle operators generally take the time to learn how to ride their motorcycles and understand Georgia’s requirement to wear protective headgear and safety eyewear. When passengers are injured or die because a motorcycle operator failed to obey the traffic laws or rode recklessly, we sue the drivers and owners of the motorcycles. However, most times, motorcycle injuries happen because of irresponsible car and truck drivers. Our Savannah motorcycle crash lawyers demand justice for the following types of accidents:
- Failure to recognize the motorcycle on the road. Car and truck drivers often fail to look out for motorcycles and fail to understand how to react when they see a motorcycle on the road. These drivers have a duty to recognize that motorcycles have just as much of a right to be on the road as other vehicles. They need to look for motorcycles in their mirrors, give them room to turn and room to pass. Truck and car drivers must be extra-cautious when the weather is poor because they should know those conditions are especially dangerous for the people on the motorcycle.
- Dangerous roadways. Any object on the road or defect in the road can cause a motorcycle to fall. While larger vehicles can run over a pothole or dead animal, a motorcycle has to use much more caution. Any change in the surface of the road poses a risk for the motorcycle operator.
- Defective motorcycle parts. Motorcycles must be designed with safety in mind. Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers have a duty to use quality parts that work when the driver needs them. Defects in the clutch, brakes, tires, handlebars, and other parts of the motorcycle can cause the driver to lose control when he/she needs it most.
Motorcycle crashes can also happen because the driver of a larger vehicle was drunk or distracted. Motorcycle drivers have to be especially careful that they leave plenty of room between themselves and larger vehicles because, in a crash, the motorcycle can ride under the truck or car.
How our film helps motorcycle injury victims
Our Savannah motorcycle injury lawyers work in each case to determine the following:
- Liability. We work with the police, by speaking to witnesses, by reviewing the case with our client, by examining the scene, and by analyzing the motorcycle to help prove that someone else is responsible for the rider’s injuries.
- Responsibility. Our lawyers bring claims against all responsible parties, starting with the drivers and owners of any cars and trucks or mass transit vehicles that caused the collision. If you were a passenger, we bring claims against the driver of the motorcycle and the owner for negligence. We may also bring claims against the local governments if the road was defective or tavern owners if a drunk driver caused the accident. If the motorcycle or a part was defective, we sue the manufacturer and others in the supply chain.
- Injuries. We work with your doctors and independent doctors, when needed, to get the proper diagnosis and prognosis for your injuries, to understand the loss of quality of life, to know the full extent of the medical bills that were and will need to be paid, and the pain and suffering you are enduring.
Call an experienced and caring Savannah motorcycle injury lawyer when disaster happens
Our Savannah motorcycle injury lawyers at HLM work to get injured riders and families all the compensation the law allows. For survivors, this includes payment of all medical bills, lost wages, and compensation for all physical pain and emotional suffering. For families, it means payment for funeral and medical bills, the pain and suffering of the deceased loved one, and the loss of financial support and emotional guidance the deceased would have provided the family. For strong counsel and answers to your questions, please call us at 912-651-9967 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation.
410 E. Broughton Street
Savannah, GA 31401