Stephen G. Lowry
Phone: (912) 651-9967
Email: Email Steve
Steve Lowry is a talented litigator with broad experience across multiple areas of practice. A passionate advocate for parties who have been harmed by the actions of others, Steve has secured numerous top 10 verdicts in Georgia, including the state’s largest judgment on record against a nursing home facility for medical malpractice.
In 2014, Steve and his law partners were honored as the only firm to be inducted twice into VerdictSearch’s Georgia Verdicts Hall of Fame in the categories of product liability and medical malpractice.
A sought-after, expert speaker, Steve has written about and lectured extensively on all areas of trial work including: trial tactics, wrongful death, product liability, trucking, cross-examination, business trials, and intellectual property disputes.
Steve serves in leadership positions in numerous organizations such as the Board of Governors of American Association of Justice; Executive Committee of Georgia Trial Lawyers Association; Board Member of Green Law; Board Member of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association; and Past President of the Savannah Trial Lawyers Association.
A cum laude graduate from Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, and a magna cum laude graduate of University of Maryland Baltimore County, Steve lives in Savannah with his wife, Leilani, and two daughters.
Honors and Awards:
- Georgia Verdicts Hall of Fame – Inducted twice in Medical Malpractice and Product Liability, 2014
- 2009 F. Scott Baldwin Award – Most Outstanding Trial Lawyer of the Year by the American Association of Justice, Young and New Lawyers Division
- Georgia Super Lawyer (awarded each year 2007 – present)
- Fulton County Daily Report “On the Rise” 2011
- Elected to American Board of Trial Advocates
- Fellow in the American Bar Foundation
- Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Top 100 Lawyers in Georgia by the National Association of Trial Lawyers
- Chosen by his peers as one of the top 100 lawyers (published in 2017 edition of SuperLawyers)
Areas of Practice:
- Defective Products
- Aviation Accidents
- Motor Vehicles Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Automotive Defects
- Medical Malpractice
- Business Litigation
- Bad Faith
- Georgia, 1998
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2000
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1999
- Supreme Court of Georgia, 1999
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law, Portland, Oregon, 1998, J.D.
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Law Review: Lewis and Clark College Northwestern School of Law Review, Associate Editor, 1996 – 1998
- University of Maryland Baltimore County, Catonsville, Maryland, 1995, B.A.
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude with dual degrees
- Major: History
- Major: Economics
Written Contributions and Speaking Engagements
- Regular contributor to BusinessinSavannah.com