Jeffrey R. Harris
Phone: (912) 651-9967
Email: Email Jeff
Jeff Harris is an experienced trial attorney who handles cases across a wide variety of different practice areas. His specialty is trying cases to a jury and he has been retained on cases all across Georgia and the Southeast. He is routinely brought into complex cases at the request of other attorneys to handle the trial of those disputes.
Jeff has successfully litigated cases involving product defects, business disputes, wrongful death, catastrophic injury, bad faith, aviation accidents, medical negligence, and industrial accidents. He has obtained numerous record setting verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients including multiple appearances on the annual survey of top jury verdicts in the United States compiled by the National Law Journal.
Jeff was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia. He began his legal career with a defense firm specializing in product liability cases, personal injury claims, and business disputes. After working as a defense attorney, Jeff realized that his heart was on the side of representing people, and not large corporations or insurance companies.
After working with several prominent plaintiffs firms Jeff, along with partners Steve Lowry and Jed Manton, formed the firm of Harris Lowry Manton, LLP. The firm is committed to excellence in its representation of those injured or killed by the negligence of others and prepares every case with a focus on presenting the case to a Jury.
The firm maintains offices in both Atlanta and Savannah and Jeff splits his time between those two cities.
Jeff is a magna cum laude graduate of Mercer Law School where he graduated first in his law school class. In law school Jeff served as Editor in Chief of the Mercer Law Review and was a member of the Moot Court Board. He received a number of scholastic awards in law school including the Woodruff Medal and the Order of the Barristers. Prior to attending law school he received his undergraduate degree from the University of Georgia and an MBA in finance from the Mercer Business School.
Jeff has repeatedly been recognized as a Georgia Super Lawyer, a member of Atlanta’s Legal Elite, and listed as one of the Finest Lawyers in the South. He was also recognized by the Fulton County Daily Report as one of the top 14 lawyers under 40 practicing in Georgia.
He is a frequent speaker on evidence and trial tactics and is involved in the following legal organizations: State Bar of Georgia (Committee on Judicial Procedure and Administration; Lawyer Advertising Task Force); Lawyers Club of Atlanta; American Bar Association; Atlanta Bar Association; American Association for Justice (Board of Governors, 2010-11); Georgia Trial Lawyers Association (Champion Member, Regional Vice President, 2005 to present, Legislative Committee); Savannah Trial Lawyers Association; Southern Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Directors, 1998 to present); Attorneys Information Exchange Group (Board of Directors, 2008 to present); Trial Lawyers for Public Justice; Civil Justice PAC (Board of Directors, 2007 to present).
Areas of Practice:
- Commercial and Business Tort Litigation
- Product Liability
- Automotive Products Liability
- Serious Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Mercer University, Walter F. George School of Law, Macon, Georgia, 1999
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Honors: Recipient, The Woodruff Medal (First Honor Graduate)
- Honors: Member, Brainerd Currie Honor Society
- Honors: Order of Barristers
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: National Team, Intrastate Team (Best Team, Best Brief)
- Honors: First in Class
- Law Review: Mercer Law Review, Editor-in-Chief, 1998-99
- Mercer University, 1997 M.B.A.
- University of Georgia, 1995 B.A.
- Board of the County Commissioners v. Brown: Nepotism, Skepticism, and Causation Under 42 U.S.C. 1983, 49 Mercer Law Review 821, 1998
- Co-Author, Constitutional Criminal Procedure – A Two Year Survey, 50 Mercer Law Review 921, 1999
Honors and Awards:
- Georgia Verdicts Hall of Fame Inductee
- Super Lawyer
- Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association Member
- American Trial Lawyers Association Member
- State Bar of Georgia Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Vice President and Champion Member
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association Co-Chair, Membership Committee
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Legislative Committee
- AIEG Member
- Atlanta Bar Association Member
- Savannah Bar Association Member
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member
Past Employment Positions:
- Butler, Wooten, Scherffius, Fryhofer, Daughtery& Sullivan LLP
- Scherffius, Ballard, Still & Ayres