Atlanta Spinal Injury Lawyers Aggressively Fight for Compensation
Representing spinal cord injury victims across Georgia
Approximately 12,500 spinal cord injuries occur in the United States each year, according to the National Spinal Cord Injury Database. The causes of these life-changing injuries are numerous and they range in severity from temporary to life-threatening. The lawyers of Harris Lowry Manton LLP handle the most serious spinal cord injuries. Using their combined knowledge and experience, they routinely secure high-value settlements and verdicts for spinal cord injury clients. Our office welcomes attorney referrals, as well as direct client calls. If you or a family member has suffered a spinal cord injury, turn to our dedicated Atlanta spinal injury lawyers for knowledgeable and skilled representation.
Different types of spinal cord injuries
The spinal cord is one of the most complex areas of the body, controlling numerous functions and abilities. An injury to the spine significantly impacts the victim’s physical, mental, and financial well-being.
Spinal cord injuries generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Incomplete spinal cord injuries. These injuries result when the cord is partially severed. The injured party is usually able to retain some level of function. Some examples of an incomplete injury include anterior cord syndrome, where an individual may have difficulty with movement. With central cord syndrome, the victim may also lose control of motor skills and basic bodily functions.
- Complete spinal cord injuries. Complete injuries result when the spinal cord is fully severed. Though treatment may lessen the impact, most patients suffer complete loss of bodily functions. Quadriplegia or paraplegia are examples of a complete spinal cord injuries, where the patient is unable to move limbs below the site of injury.
The skillful Atlanta spinal injury attorneys of HLM are experienced in handling various spinal cord injury cases and understand the many complexities of this injury.
Consequences of a spinal injury
The severity of a spinal cord injury requires a high level of treatment. In some of the most serious cases, the ultimate goal is to treat the symptoms only and provide the patient with some level of comfort when a cure is not feasible. Some common spinal cord treatments include:
- Ventilator treatments to assist with breathing
- Surgery, when necessary
- Prescription medications for pain management
- Intensive physical therapy to regain mobility and bodily function
Another vital aspect of spinal cord injury treatment is support for the family. When victims suffer paralysis, family members take on the responsibility of providing necessary care. This can be a challenging situation, both emotionally and financially. Our accomplished Georgia spinal injury lawyers recognize the strain that a spinal cord injury places on the entire family. That is why we diligently work to secure a level of compensation that accounts for these added difficulties.
Obtain help from Atlanta spinal cord injury lawyers with a track record of success
The knowledgeable Georgia spinal injury attorneys of HLM understand the consequences of a serious spinal cord injury. We are prepared to guide you through the legal process, working with you to secure appropriate compensation for your injuries. We appreciate attorney referrals and work hard to maintain our reputation for success within the legal community. Why not put our experience and knowledge to work in your spinal cord injury case? Call our Atlanta office at 404-998-8847 or our Savannah office at 912-417-3774 to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also complete our contact form.