Atlanta Premises Liability Lawyers, GA
Getting justice when property owner negligence causes harm in Georgia
Property owners have a legal duty to maintain their properties in a manner that is reasonably safe for visitors. Failure to meet this duty can result in serious injuries and financial liability for the property owner. Depending on the circumstances surrounding the injury, premises liability cases can prove challenging. The lawyers of Harris Lowry Manton LLP have continuously met these challenges through their extensive experience in premises liability. If you or a family member was injured by a property defect, our professional Atlanta premises liability lawyers can help you develop a strategy to secure the compensation you deserve.
Understanding different types of premises liability cases
Premises liability lawsuits can involve various circumstances. Property owners can be liable for failing to correct dangerous property conditions known to them under certain circumstances. One of the most common forms of a premises liability lawsuit is a slip and fall accident, where a person trips or slips due to a property defect.
The skillful Atlanta premises liability attorneys of HLM focus their efforts on large-scale premises liability litigation, including:
- Inadequate security. Hotels, stores, malls, parking lots, and other businesses have a responsibility to keep their vicinities safe for visitors. This duty often extends to the security of the property, which may require utilization of security guards, surveillance cameras and security gates. If a property owner fails to take reasonable measures and a visitor is assaulted on the property, we aggressively pursue compensation for the resulting injuries.
- Road defects. Dangerous road conditions cause numerous auto accidents. Seeking compensation from such injuries requires lawyers who can take on powerful government entities. Our experienced attorneys stand out in our ability to successfully litigate these cases.
- Biohazard industries. Inadequate property maintenance can lead to hazardous air, soil, or water quality, which may cause severe injuries to property visitors or neighbors. Property owners have a duty to ensure the area is safe from such toxins as carbon monoxide, lead, and mold.
Effectively meeting the needs of premises liability clients
A successful premises liability case requires extensive research and preparation. To effectively meet these requirements, our accomplished Atlanta premises liability attorneys use a variety of valuable resources to collect and analyze the following documents:
- Medical documentation regarding diagnosis and treatment
- Medical billing statements
- Eyewitness statements and incident reports
- Documentation of wage loss and employment impact
- Engineering reports regarding condition of the property
- Photographs and witness statements regarding the maintenance of the property
By nature, premises liability is difficult to prove. That is why it is imperative that you are represented by a lawyer with the skill and experience to handle your case.
Secure lawyers with a track record of proven premises liability success
The Atlanta premises liability lawyers of HLM have successfully secured numerous multi-million dollar verdicts for our clients. Many attorneys confidently refer our services to new clients. Put our extensive knowledge and experience to work in your premises liability case. Call our Atlanta office at 404-961-7650 or our Savannah office at 912-651-9967, or complete our contact form to schedule a free consultation.