Experienced Atlanta Injury Attorneys Pursing Compensation for Burn Victims
Compassionate representation for burn victims across Georgia
Burns are unlike any other physical trauma. Victims require more surgeries, have the greatest and most prolonged pain, and suffer severe emotional damage. Permanent disfigurement is almost certain and, in far too many cases, these injuries result from someone’s negligence or recklessness. The lawyers of Harris Lowry Manton LLP understand that no amount of money can adequately compensate for the pain and agony of a burn injury. However, legal action against the negligent individual or company can provide a sense of closure and may prevent future injury to others. If you or a family member suffered from a severe burn injury, contact the experienced Atlanta burn injury lawyers of HLM for a confidential consultation.
What accidents can cause a burn injury?
Numerous circumstances can result in burn injuries. Our skillful Georgia burn injury attorneys provide effective representation for some of the most severe incidents, including:
- Vehicles. Poorly designed vehicles and defective parts can lead to fiery crashes, even those at low speeds. Some examples include:
- Poorly made tires
- Rear-mounted fuel tanks or leaky fuel lines
- Faulty electrical wiring, brake locking or heating source failure
Every year, numerous carmakers recall vehicles for faulty components or designs that directly or indirectly cause fires.
- Home. The news is filled with stories of defective appliances, toys, bedding, and equipment that cause fires or make them worse. Consumer watchdog groups have numerous accounts of bedding and/or clothing made of materials flammable enough to put children in burn units or worse. Smoke detectors may fail to alert sleeping families. Riding lawnmowers with defective gas tanks have led to severe burns. Space heaters and cooking equipment also contribute to the occurrence of a significant number of house fires each year.
- Industrial/workplace. Industrial settings are inherently dangerous, with substantial risk for burn injuries. Chemical leaks and explosions often precipitate these injuries, but they rarely result from a single cause. More often, a chain of failures on the part of owners, management, and contractors lead to disaster. Dust buildup, poorly maintained machinery, faulty equipment, and negligent management at plants, factories, and refineries have resulted in massive burn injuries and deaths.
Our knowledgeable Atlanta burn injury lawyers have successfully handled various types of burn injury cases. We provide victims with representation that is comprehensive, and we are dedicated to obtaining significant compensation for our clients.
Classifications of burn injuries
Burns are classified into three general categories. First-degree burns are the least serious, usually healing within a week. Second-degree burns create significantly more pain, and third-degree burns are severe, removing several layers of skin. If the burn injury permeates the bones and tendons, it may be classified as a fourth-degree burn, which is nearly always fatal. Severe burns come with a high risk of infection, hypothermia, low blood volume, and bone problems. Spreading infection can lead to sepsis, organ failure and death. Our accomplished Atlanta burn injury lawyers understand the extensive dangers of burn injuries, and we fight to hold the responsible parties accountable.
Contact our experienced Georgia burn injury lawyers today
Burn injuries are some of the most serious injuries a person can incur. With the help of the Atlanta burn injury attorneys of HLM, you can hold the negligent parties responsible for your injuries. We diligently work to secure high-value outcomes for burn injury victims and their families. Call our Atlanta office at 404-998-8847 or our Savannah office at 912-417-3774 to schedule a free consultation. You can also complete our contact form.