Atlanta Construction Site Injury Lawyers Pursue Compensation for Victims
Protecting workers and site visitors throughout Georgia
Construction sites and industrial settings are inherently filled with significant risks and dangers. Companies have a legal duty to prevent injuries through appropriate safety measures. Failing to meet this responsibility can subject site owners and managers to liability for resulting catastrophic injuries or wrongful deaths.
The lawyers of Harris Lowry Manton LLP provide compassionate yet aggressive legal assistance for individuals injured in an industrial setting. We diligently work to hold all responsible parties accountable and secure the compensation your case deserves. If you or a family member suffered injuries on a construction or industrial site, contact the experienced Atlanta industrial site accident lawyers of HLM today.
Construction site injuries are more common than you think
According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are 177,000 construction workers in Georgia, as of August 2017. In 2015, the most recent year for which data was available, close to 4,400 of these men and women in private industry construction suffered work-related injuries – and almost half of them lost time, wages and flexibility on the job as a result. In that same year, 180 Georgia workers, in all industries, suffered fatal work injuries. The private construction industry in Georgia had thirty-eight fatalities – just under 20%.
Causes of construction site accidents in Georgia
At HLM, we have successfully handled numerous construction and industrial site injury cases. We have the experience and resources to handle a wide range of cases, including those involving:
- Dangerous machinery and other dangerous products. Construction sites are filled with potentially dangerous machinery, vehicles, and tools. Site managers and owners have a duty to maintain these instruments in a safe working order and ensure that operators know how to properly use them.
- Scaffolding accidents due to company negligence. These temporary structures allow individuals to reach higher elevations, but they also carry a significant risk of injury for those using them, as well as bystanders located near them. Site managers and owners have a duty to ensure scaffolding is installed safely and that it’s component parts are in good working condition to maintain the weight of workers and equipment intending to use the scaffolding.
- Road defects and dangerous road conditions that result in accidents. Construction sites can often cause impediments in the roadways and sidewalks surrounding the area. Owners must provide adequate warnings to members of the public and take reasonable measures to promote the safety of individuals in the area.
- Defective machinery and tools. Construction site accidents can also stem from defective machines and tools. Under these circumstances, third-party manufacturers or repair companies may also be liable for resulting injuries. We understand the complexities of these third-party cases and provide you with representation you can trust.
- Chronic exposure to toxic substances. Some toxic chemicals will cause an immediate reaction, but others will build up in your body over time, leading to chronic illnesses or discomfort later in your life. In some circumstances, it could develop into a fatal illness.
- Vehicle crashes. Vehicle crashes can happen in the construction sites. If you were injured because of the negligence of the construction company, another worker, an outside party, or anyone behind the wheel of a utility vehicle or a passenger car, we can help.
Our skillful Atlanta construction site injury lawyers provide effective representation in cases where an accident was caused by the negligence of a company, as well as situations where a third party (i.e., the manufacturer of defective equipment) is at fault.
Holding responsible parties accountable
Our attorneys have the ability to prevail against any opponents, from construction companies to manufacturers of defective equipment. Our firm’s Atlanta construction accident lawyers begin every case with an extensive investigation that often includes in-depth consultations with product and workplace experts. While many cases resolve through settlement negotiations, each case is meticulously prepared as if it is going to trial. Even when a settlement is reached, the firm’s attorneys gain a superior bargaining position through the strength of the evidence they have compiled and through their history of achieving excellent results at trial.
Schedule an appointment with experienced Georgia construction site accident lawyers
If you have been injured in a construction or industrial site accident, do not hesitate to get help today. The Atlanta construction site injury attorneys of HLM routinely secure high-value verdicts and settlements for clients. We are dedicated to getting the results you need. Put our skills to work in your construction site injury case. Call our Atlanta office at 404-998-8847 or our Savannah office at 912-417-3774 to schedule a free consultation. You can also complete our contact form.