How Do I Choose the Best Injury Lawyer?
Choosing the Best Georgia Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Needs
Skilled representation in Atlanta, Savannah, and throughout the state
When you have been seriously injured – in a car accident, by a defective product, because of medical negligence, or for any myriad reasons – the civil justice system allows you to file a lawsuit to recoup damages from the negligent party. The best way to do this is to hire a personal injury attorney to help you with your claim.
Harris Lowry Manton LLP has been protecting the rights of injury victims in Atlanta, Savannah, and throughout Georgia for years. We have handled some of the most high-profile, complex litigation in the state, and have collectively secured hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in claims against local and global companies. We know what it takes to build a successful claim for damages.
What matters most in choosing the best injury lawyer you can?
Choosing the best personal injury attorney for your needs can be a daunting task. Which firm can help you the most? What kind of settlement can you get, if you don’t go to trial? How can you differentiate between all the competing firms and lawyers?
Here are some factors to look for when it comes to making your choice:
- Experience in the field. You wouldn’t call a plumber to replace your roof; you should not choose a lawyer whose experience lies in another area of the law. At HLM, we focus exclusively on injury law. We know the laws, statutes, and regulations by heart, and we know which outside experts can help bolster a client’s case.
- Willingness to investigate. A lot of firms work with accident reconstructionists. We do, too – but we also personally investigate the area where you were hurt, and the products (when applicable) that hurt you. We look at the scene of a car accident, analyze your property, review medical histories and databases for doctors who were negligent; in short, we do not outsource the work that needs to be done to see an accurate picture of what happened to you.
- Trial preparation. A majority of personal injury cases settle. Sometimes, a settlement is best for the client’s needs – but sometimes, a trial is necessary to secure a just award. HLM prepares every case for litigation. Not only does this keep us ahead of the curve in case we need to go to trial, but it puts us in a better place for settlement negotiations. Often times, insurance companies start those negotiations at a higher amount because they know we are willing and able to fight.
- Case results. Case results for one client do not guarantee that another client will see similar results; after all, every case is different. But when a firm and its attorneys can consistently secure large settlements and jury awards, it is a testament to their ability to fight hard for their clients. HLM is the only Georgia law firm to have successfully secured #1 verdicts in six different categories of law – auto claims, business torts, medical malpractice, nursing home neglect and abuse, premises liability, and products liability – every year for the last 11 years.
- Personal relationships. You and your lawyer are going to spend a lot of time together. You want an attorney you can trust, and whose goals are your goals. You and your lawyer need to trust one another; after all, you will be partners, of sorts, for as long as your case goes on. We always stand by our clients, during the process of making a claim, going to trial, and long after the case is over. We invite you to hear what some of our former clients have to say about us.
How a personal injury lawyer helps you
As lawyers, we do more than simply advise you whether to settle or litigate. We are the ones who:
- Communicate with the insurance companies, often going between multiple insurers, to ensure your needs are met.
- Help you secure a rental car and choose a trusted mechanic, if needed.
- Work with your doctors to get the most up-to-date information about your injury or illness.
- Assist you with finding medical specialists, rehabilitation centers, and nursing home facilities.
- Collect and coordinate all the documentation, which can run to thousands and thousands of pages, surrounding the events that led to your injury, and the care you received as a result.
- Handle the research that goes into proving fault when a manufacturer, designer, or retailer knowingly sells you a defective product.
- Find resources and organizations to help you when you are caring for a sick or injured relative.
- Hold negligent parties responsible for their actions.
Our reputation for performing our work at the highest levels has been recognized by multiple independent ratings services, and our attorneys have won awards, both individually and as a team, for their work. Perhaps the greatest compliment we have received has come from our peers, who routinely refer cases to us. They know we will treat their clients the way we treat our own – with dignity, respect, and compassion.
Harris Lowry Manton: your choice for a Georgia personal injury firm
Harris Lowry Manton LLP always puts the best interests of clients first. If you have been hurt, we have the skills, resources, and experience to help. Please call our Atlanta office at 404-998-8847, or our Savannah office at 912-417-3774, for a free consultation to review your case. You can also fill out our contact form.