Accomplished Distracted Driver Injury Lawyers in Atlanta and Savannah
When a distracted driver causes a crash in Georgia, we can help
The US government reports that, in 2014, more than 430,000 people were injured in vehicle accidents involving distracted drivers. In addition, at any given time, an estimated 600,000 drivers are operating their cars while using their cell phones or utilizing some type of electronic device. These disturbing statistics demonstrate the serious problem of distracted driving.
The lawyers of Harris Lowry Manton LLP believe that distracted drivers should be held accountable for their actions. Our capable attorneys have a proven track record of success in handling the most severe distracted driving injury cases. If a distracted driver injured you or a family member, our Atlanta distracted driver lawyers can work with you to develop a strategy for your case.
How is distracted driving defined in Georgia?
Under Georgia law, no driver may text – at all – while he or she is operating a vehicle of any kind. However, Georgia does not outlaw the use of hand-held mobile phones by drivers over the age of 18, not in emergency situations. Nor does it outlaw a number of other distractions that could lead to a crash or collision on the roads at any given time.
At HLM, our lawyers rigorously advocate for victims injured by distracted drivers. We have handled a variety of distracted driver situations, including:
- Talking to a passenger. This common activity can quickly become hazardous, especially if the interactions are emotional or contentious.
- Reaching for a moving object inside the vehicle. Reaching for an object requires the driver to take his or her eyes off of the road.
- Looking at an object or event outside of the vehicle. When people become distracted by events or objects outside of the car, they lose focus on the road and proper operation of the vehicle.
- Reading. This extremely dangerous activity causes drivers to take their eyes and attention off of the road for extended periods of time.
- Grooming. This is another outrageous activity, but one that happens all too often and requires a driver to take their eyes off the road.
- Talking on a cell phone. Speaking on a cell phone significantly distracts vehicle operators. While some believe that hands-free phones offer an increased level of safety, a report by the National Safety Council found that the cell phone conversation itself, whether hands-free or hand-held, is what causes distracted driving.
- Texting or emailing on a cellular device.This is arguably the most dangerous form of distracted driving, requiring the driver’s cognitive, visual, and manual attention.
Our knowledgeable Atlanta distracted driving lawyers have the skill and experience to secure compensation for such a reckless disregard for safety.
Trustworthy guidance through the auto accident claim
The accomplished Atlanta distracted driver injury attorneys of HLM have the skill and resources to conduct a comprehensive investigation of the accident and your resulting injuries. We routinely work with investigators, accident reconstructionists, and medical professionals to establish a clear picture of your claim and formulate a case that aggressively pursues . Trust us to guide you through every step of your distracted driver accident injury claim.
Get help from skilled Georgia distracted driving accident lawyers
The lawyers of HLM have built a reputation of success within the legal community by earnestly pursuing high-value verdicts and settlements for our auto accident clients. Obtain the services of our Atlanta distracted driver accident lawyers. We welcome referrals from legal professionals, as well as direct client inquiries. Call our Atlanta office at 404-998-8847 or our Savannah office at 912-417-3774 to schedule a free initial consultation. You can also complete our contact form.