How do personal injury cases work? The first thing is the investigation. Our law firm does the investigation. We figure out what happened. The second thing is we determine whether what happened provides some kind of legal claim. If there’s a legal claim, there’s a case that’s filed, and that really begins the process. There is a legal document that’s filed. It starts the lawsuit. Then you go into the process called discovery. In the discovery process that’s when you can have subpoenas issued, you can take depositions of witnesses, you can do expert reviews of evidence.
All that is a process that the client is involved in, but mostly the lawyers are doing that work, and keeping the client informed about what we’re finding during that process. There’s, typically, discussions with the defendant about resolving the case. If that doesn’t happen then you move to the final phase, which is trial. We pride ourselves on preparing every case for trial. Even if they don’t go to trial, we put them together like they’re going to because we found that’s the most effective way to do it.
At Harris Lowry Manton LLP, our Georgia personal injury lawyers fight for a better future, for you and your family. If you or your loved one suffered a serious injury, we want to hear from you. Please fill out our contact form or call one of our convenient office locations – in Atlanta at 404.998.8847 or in Savannah at 912.417.3774 – to schedule your free initial consultation today.
- Personal Injury
- Savannah Personal Injury
- Tracking Your Medical Device in Case of a Recall
- Pedestrian Accidents Cause Long Term Physical and Emotional Challenges
- Cosmetic Laser Procedures Can Lead to Permanent Disfigurement
- The Lasting Damage of a Severe Burn Injury
- What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do?
- When Do You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Do I Choose a Personal Injury Lawyer?
- What Should I Ask a Personal Injury Lawyer?